Houston Car Accident Attorneys
We're Here to Help You Recover After a Car Wreck
Insurance adjustors are focused on reducing the amount of money you can recover for your injuries. From your first call to report your injury, insurance adjusters begin looking for ways to shift blame and reduce the value of your claim or eliminate it altogether.
What does this mean for you? You need a fighter in your corner. Haines Law, P.C. is led by a personal injury lawyer with years of experience and insight. We take on tough cases for our clients and navigate them through every step of the process. With our proven prowess in the courtroom and skillful negotiations, you can trust your case to our firm with confidence.
Call (281) 975-0031 today to speak to with our dedicated team.
What Compensation Is Available After an Accident?
At our firm, we are committed to representing personal injury victims throughout Southeast Texas. We know the rules of the game and use them to your advantage when you hire us. Our goal is to maximize your recovery while resolving your claim as efficiently as possible.
We can fight to help you recover the following and more:
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Ambulance fees
- Permanent disability
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning ability
Our team doesn't waste time in developing a strong claim. We get to work right away gathering facts and supporting evidence while you recover from your injuries. When the time comes to pursue legal action, we are ready to stand up against big insurance companies.
Reporting Your Accident to The Insurance Company
It is a common misconception that you do not need to report an accident to your insurance company if you were not at fault. Regardless of the situation surrounding your accident, you need to call your insurance company and report it as soon as possible. If you wait too long to report your accident your insurance might have reason to deny you coverage.
When giving your statement to the insurance company, we recommend these helpful tips:
- Be upfront about your injuries - don't self-diagnose, but be sure to mention the existence of any injuries
- Stick to the facts - don't embellish or add extraneous details; these could be used against you
- Only answer questions asked of you - don't give the insurance agent more than they asked for
- Decline to make a recorded statement - You are not required to give a recorded statement, and it can be used against you later
- Do not settle or sign any checks - the first settlement presented is almost always well below what you deserve
The insurance company is not on your side! The goal of most insurance adjusters is to get you to settle for less than your claim is actually worth. That's why it's crucial that you speak with a Houston car accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident, preferably before you speak with your insurance company. At Haines Law, P.C., we can guide you through the accident claim process, advising you of what to say and how to interact with your insurance adjuster.
Handling Legal Matters for Car Wreck Victims
Haines Law, P.C. walks you through every step of the process following a car wreck. We have the skill, resources, and knowledge to handle all aspects of these types of cases.
Get counsel regarding the following from our attorneys:
- Auto defects that cause accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Property damage following a wreck
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Underinsured / uninsured motorists
- What to do after an accident
- Insurance adjustor tricks
Ready to discuss your case? We can come to your home at any convenient time, including weekends, if you are unable to come to us.
Contact our firm today at (281) 975-0031. Our aggressive team is always ready to help.