What Are the Main Causes of Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents are extremely dangerous for all involved. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, thousands of people are dying or being injured in truck crashes every year. This is a very frightening and stressful prospect for anyone who shares the road with a truck, which is why we all need to do our part to prevent these tragedies from occurring. While not everything is under our control, we can certainly stay alert, avoid speeding, be especially careful around trucks, and end distracted driving in an effort to reduce and prevent truck accidents from occurring as often as they do.
The following are the main causes of truck accidents, including but not limited to:
- Speeding, which is the leading reason behind most collisions on the road
- Driving on the edge of the road or straying from lane of travel
- Driving errors, such as failure to keep a proper lookout or following too closely
- Mechanical violations, which should have been resolved in a service check-up
- Defective brakes, which are 2 times as likely to be in an accident
- Driver fatigue, which is caused because many truckers are forced to work past their service limits
- Driver impairment, from drugs, alcohol, fatigue, illness, sleep apnea, and more
Contact Our Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you are likely suffering from a number of emotional traumas, loss of work or wages, and painful injuries which result in costly medical bills. Haines Law, P.C. is comprised of Houston personal injury attorneys who are dedicated to helping you overcome this tough time with ease. Our trusted legal team will offer you the aggressive and results-driven legal counsel, care, and representation you deserve.
Schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm by calling (281) 975-0031.